Localization is a Necessity, Research Backs Up the Investment:
When a business decides to purchase localization services the main goal is to gain a targeted consumer base and increase overall sales. It’s important to understand the need for localization as well as what can be gained from the investment in the language service. Common Sense Advisory surveyed 3,000 online shoppers, spanning across 10 countries to find that 60% rarely or never buy products or services from websites who only provide content in English. Only 26% of the world’s internet population operates in English, this is why businesses are turning to localization in order to globalize. Many businesses are jumping onboard and setting aside a budget for localization efforts in hopes to stay current in the age of technology.
Interesting Findings from the CSA Survey:
- 75% of online shoppers prefer to buy products in their native language.
- 30% of the 3,000 respondents never buy at English-language sites, and another 29% rarely do.
- Automotive and financial services are the products that consumers are least likely to buy if the website is not in their native language.
- Exactly half would prefer that at least the navigation elements and some content appear in their language, and another 17% strongly share that preference.
Understanding the ROI for Localization Services:
Once the localization of your website is complete and enough time has passed to gain data, take a look at existing market statistics and sales history as reliable components to measure the ROI on localization services purchased. Other areas to track growth are page views, conversion rates and consumer retention. The majority of companies prioritize revenue and volume of new clients above all else, however what your business tracks all depends on what’s most important to you. Localization exposes your business to massive amounts of people, wins market share, increases brand awareness and provides your customers with a higher satisfaction when navigating through your site. Localization is an opportunity to appeal to more people, in turn broadening your client base and increasing your sales. Understanding the opportunities for return on your investment is important, knowing this information justifies your budget and allows you to make the decision to continue to invest in the service. Localization allows businesses to create clear avenues of communication with targeted consumer markets, once communication is established, a B to C relationship can begin to form and build.
Fortune 500 Companies that Invest in Translation Report Higher Revenue, Key Findings:
- Businesses that expanded their translation budgets were 1.5 times more likely than their Fortune 500 peers to report an increase in total revenue.
- The businesses registering an increase in content volume were 2.5 times more likely to experience a growth in profits from one year to the next. They were also 1.8 times more likely to report revenue growth.
- The companies that translated information in order to communicate with and retain their partners were 2.67 times more likely to experience revenue increases. They were also 2.6 times more likely to generate improved profits.
- Fortune 500 companies that translated to keep up with or to gain an edge over their competitors were 2.04 times more likely to have an increase in profits and 1.27 times more likely to generate augmented earnings per share (EPS).
Localization adds value and sparks growth, it’s the element that gives your business a fighting chance to compete globally.
Choose the Right Language Service Provider:
Research proves, providing a multilingual experience is only going to aid in appealing to your targeted consumer markets abroad. “Startup Companies Shouldn’t Wait to Think About Localizing Their Website,” explains how globalization is achieved through localization and how investing in multiple markets from day one can gain revenue from multiple sources. Having the right language service provider by your side is key in the localization process. Niki’s Int’l Ltd. provides businesses with localization services that will ensure accuracy in translation and provide your target audience with the intended marketing message created and designed for your business. Localization services provided by Niki’s Int’l Ltd. include the selection of culturally appropriate images and colors, formatting and adapting text in the new language to be visually appealing to your target audience. The perfect amount of translation is selected as well to deliver optimal impact for your new localized website. Expanding into global markets can seem overwhelming, this is why it’s important you choose the right language service provider to help you in launching your business onto a globalized platform.
Niki’s Int’l Ltd. is a WBENC-Certified Women Business Enterprise with 21 years of language service experience. A global network of highly skilled interpreters and translators are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for on-site, telephonic and video remote interpretation services. Our linguists are available in over 350 languages and dialects, and our network includes certified interpreters and translators. Our work is guaranteed with a $1 Million Errors & Omissions policy, so that you can be confident that your project will be completed with the highest level of quality and professionalism within the field. For more information contact us at 1-877-567-8449 or visit our website at www.nilservices.com.