Investing in Professional Website Localization Services is a Must:
In today’s economy, offering your products and services online can drastically increase your access to diverse international consumer markets. Cutting out your piece of the global pie can be simple and attainable, however, you must begin the process by investing in professional website localization services. Only 26% of the internet’s population operates in English, this means providing your websites content in English only limits the amount of customers you could potentially be reaching. Common Sense Advisory surveyed 3,000 online shoppers, spanning across 10 countries to find that 60% rarely or never buy products or services from websites who only provide content in English.
Your company’s website is an extension of your business’s offerings, it displays the perception in which you want your company to be viewed. It’s vital if interested in gaining an international consumer base you provide your audience with a website they can read, understand and that meets the linguistic and cultural needs of that particular demographic. Website localization is the process of adapting the presentation of your website to fit your target markets language, culture, and desired local. For most companies the first step in entering the global marketplace is the localization of their website. The main goal of website localization is to provide a user-friendly and well-received website that will allow your business to flourish in the market you’re targeting. Website localization includes the adaptation of images, colors, formatting and text into the target language in order to be visually and emotionally appealing to that specific audience.
Data Collected Regarding Website Localization and Internet Usage:
Findings From A Common Sense Advisory Survey:
- 75% of online shoppers prefer to buy products in their native language.
- 30% of the 3,000 respondents never buy at English language sites, and another 29% rarely do.
- Automotive and financial services are the products that consumers are least likely to buy if the website is not in their native language.
- Exactly half would prefer that at least the navigation elements and some content appear in their language, and another 17% strongly share that preference.
According to Internet World Stats, the following is a list of the top 10 language used online:
- English 25.4%
- Mandarin or Standard Chinese 19.3%
- Spanish 8.1%
- Arabic 5.3%
- Portuguese 4.1%
- Indonesian / Malaysian 4.1%
- French 3.2%
- Japanese 2.9%
- Russian 2.6%
- German 2.2%
Common Sense Advisories report entitled, “Can’t Read, Won’t Buy,” explains a great deal of vital information regarding the purchasing habits of online shoppers. Language is an important factor to people who shop online, making large purchases without understanding product, payment and shipping information simply will not happen. The following statistics exhibit just how critical language is when shopping online.
According to the Report:
- 90% of online shoppers will choose their native language when offered on a website.
- 78% of online shoppers are more likely to buy from a site that allows them the option of reading content in their native language.
- 87% of online shoppers who do not speak or read English, do not make purchases on English only websites.
- 60% of consumers living in Japan and France will not make a purchase from a website that does not offer content in their native languages.
- 52% of online shoppers value being able to read content in their native language over lower price points.
Why You Should Localize Your Website; Part 2 will explore various in depth reasons as to why it’s a lucrative decision to invest in professional website localization services.
Niki’s Int’l Ltd. is a WBENC-Certified Women Business Enterprise with 20 years of language service experience. A global network of highly skilled interpreters and translators are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for on-site, telephonic and video remote interpretation services. Our linguists are available in over 350 languages and dialects, and our network includes certified interpreters and translators. Our work is guaranteed with a $1 Million Errors & Omissions policy, so that you can be confident that your project will be completed with the highest level of quality and professionalism within the field. For more information contact us at 1-877-567-8449 or visit our website at www.nilservices.com.