On-Site Interpretation Facilitates Accurate and Effective Communication:
On-site interpretation is often considered the best form of interpretation due to the fact that it’s conducted face-to-face, which permits the parties involved not only to hear the conversation but to also read body language and facial expressions, allowing for a more accurate interpretation. There are two forms of on-site interpretation: consecutive and simultaneous. Consecutive interpretation is when the interpreter listens and waits for the speaker to finish and then proceeds with the exchange of information from the source language into the target language, this is done back and forth until all the information has been stated and interpreted. This form of interpretation can be a bit lengthy so when faced with time constraints simultaneous interpretation is the most beneficial. Simultaneous interpreting is when the speaker continuously speaks in the source language while the interpreter conveys the message concurrently in the target language.
On-Site Interpretation is Best Suited for the Following:
- Larger interactions with multiple people.
- When the discourse is sensitive in nature.
- When there is a complex dialogue that is informationally driven or difficult to comprehend.
- In instances where the information presented is sensitive in nature and/or emotionally challenging.
- In courtroom settings where legal matters are at hand.
- Situations involving elderly individuals who may have declining cognitive or aural senses as they generally benefit from having an on-site interpreter present.
- For sign language interpretation services.
- In cases where the limited English speaker requests the presence of an on-site interpreter.
- In situations where a traumatic event, injury, assault or abuse has taken place.
What to Expect From Your Professional On-Site Interpretation Session:
The diversity within the United States cements the demand for on-site interpretation services in every industry imaginable. After determining that you have a need for professional on-site interpretation, you can expect the following once the interpreter arrives to the predetermined location.
- The client and the LEP individual should sit facing one another allowing them to speak to one another directly.
- The conversation should be between the client and the LEP individual, the interpreter is there only to interpret. They will not insert their opinion, leave out information or add information. The interpreter simply renders information from the source language into the target language.
- The client and LEP individual should speak clearly and in short segments avoiding the use of excessive jargon or slang, as well as explaining any acronyms that may be used.
- The exchange will continue back and forth with the interpreter converting the dialogue from one language to another until the conversation is complete.
Gain Access to Professional On-Site Interpretation Services Through a Partnership with a Language Service Company (LSC):
If you have a need for dependable and accurate interpretation services contact Niki’s Int’l Ltd., a professional language service company (LSC) with over 20 years of experience in the language service industry. Niki’s Int’l Ltd. offers access to over 350 languages and dialects to facilitate communication regardless of the rarity of the language or dialect. You can expect superior customer service, timely responses, complete attention to detail, convenience and language services available 24/7. Regardless of the time, place, language or situation, Niki’s Int’l Ltd. can provide you with professional on-site interpretation services that will ease communication in any circumstance.
Niki’s Int’l Ltd. is a WBENC-Certified Women Business Enterprise with 20 years of language service experience. A global network of highly skilled interpreters and translators are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for on-site, telephonic and video remote interpretation services. Our linguists are available in over 350 languages and dialects, and our network includes certified interpreters and translators. Our work is guaranteed with a $1 Million Errors & Omissions policy so that you can be confident that your project will be completed with the highest level of quality and professionalism within the field. For more information contact us at 1-877-567-8449 or visit our website at www.nilservices.com.